Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

I got up at 4 a.m. this morning. By 4:30 I had my bike and gear loaded and headed up to Scottsdale for my race. I spilled hot green tea in my lap while I was driving... but lucky for me I was already wearing my tri-shorts so it soaked the spill right up! :)

It was a good race, 500 yard swim, 12 mile bike, and a 2 mile run. I felt good for the entire race, except for the run. But the time I started my run it was getting hotter, and I'd already been working out for an hour. I don't know my results as they were posted yet when I left the race. Based on how my body felt, I'd say I might have a new PR. On verra.

There was a youth category before the adult races started and I enjoyed watching them get through transition. They all did great. One little boy forgot to take off his helmet, so I stood there yelling "Helmet! Helmet!" from the sidelines until he pulled it off and ran back to leave it at his transition spot. Adorable group of young athletes. One girl was fund raising for Prostate Cancer research as she lost her father to cancer a couple of years ago. Here's the link for TeamWinter.

No comments:

Post a Comment