Friday, June 18, 2010

Bartlett Lake Tri

I haven't written about my tri training in awhile. I did finish the Bartlett Lake Tri (March 21, 2010) but I was incredibly slow. I finished a full hour after the fastest woman in my age group. I was totally unprepared for the hill work on the bike ride and that's where I picked up an extra 45 minutes of time overall. It was about 8 miles, straight up. I was in granny gear the entire ride. Don't get me wrong, the down hill was thrilling. I was going downhill at 30-35 mph, and there were riders passing me.

My grandfather died a couple of days before the race and my heart just wasn't in it. There was nothing inside of me that wanted to compete, but I had committed to this race with a handful of friends and I didn't want to let them down. I'm considering another attempt at this race in 2011, I want to finish with a better time but as of right now, the sights on this course still make me think of my grandfather and how I felt right after his death. It might be cathartic to do it again, I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment