Sunday, October 25, 2009

B is for BASE LAYER




I headed out to Tribe Multisport early yesterday morning to meet Laura S. and Kim R. for a bike-ride. It was a chilly 61 degrees outside, so I had to scramble to find a base layer to put on under my biking jersey. All of the "cool kid" bikers have sleeves with half gloves they can slip on/off for temperature changes, but I had to go old-school and just wear layers. I was happy to see that Laura did the same. :)

Kim didn't make it out because of a flat tire, but Laura and I rode for 10+ miles. My front brake was rubbing consistently all morning, so it was like biking to a metronome. This helped to keep a steady cadence, and were back at Tribe within an hour.

I did a 700 meter swim on Friday. All the lanes at the gym were full, so I had to limit my swim to 20 minutes only. I hit 400 meters in about 12 minutes, and I am hoping to repeat that on race day (less than 15 days away!).

Today I'm going to run bleachers. I will actually finish this race. This newly discovered self-confidence... well, it's a good thing. I like this feeling. You should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment