Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Cloudy Sunrise


Today I was up at 5 a.m. to get my "first run" of sprint-tri training in while it was still under 100 degrees. 15 minutes before I left, I ate a GU packet. Not too tasty, but I've been told I need to "get used to it". Then I did a run/walk interval of nearly 2 miles in 25 minutes. I think that is pretty good for my first run.

I stopped short of going all the way to my mile mark before turning around because I realized how much traffic was on 32nd street this morning. I imagine the passing drivers calling out "Keep running fatty!" and it stops me dead in my tracks. I have boot camp tomorrow, but will run again on Friday morning and perhaps adjust my route to a less busy street so I can mentally finish my run.

The reward for my efforts this morning was a cloudy sunrise. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment